About Tagging Solution

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:41 AM
Hello!

I want to add tagging features to my sharepoint site and your solution looks pretty useful.
I´m trying to deploy it in my WSS 3.0 instance but it doesn´t work. The tag cloud webpart prints an error and i can´t add tags to the portal elements (tag field doesn´t appear).

I installed it running the .bat file in the server, is it necessary to make another settings in the WSS site?

And finally, can this solution be deployed in a MOSS 2007 site?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Yes, this solution can be deployed in a MOSS 2007 site.

Can you be more precise about the error webpart prints?
There are errors when you runs the .bat files?

It is not necessary to make other settings in the wss site and in this moment I can't explain your errors.

Thanks for your support!
Apr 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM
Thanks! It´s true that i haven´t been so precise.... sorry.

About the problem:

The .bat files work fine and the installation is successful. When I enter in the NewField menu, in my Sharepoint list, the Tag Field type appears but i have 2 problems:
  1. The Tag link to "/_layouts/OSSSearchResults.aspx?k=" drives me to an Error page.
  2. The Tag Cloud Webpart prints this: in TagCloud.TagCloud.Cloud.GetResults(String listType, SearchScopes searchScope) in TagCloud.TagCloud.Cloud.AddTags(String listType, SearchScopes searchScope) in TagCloud.TagCloud.Cloud.BuildWebPart() File: Method: GetResults Line Number: 0 Column Number: 0 File: Method: AddTags Line Number: 0 Column Number: 0 File: Method: BuildWebPart Line Number: 0 Column Number: 0
Thanks for the Reply.
Good job.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Hallo, great tool! Is there a way to change the Tag Link, which is actually "/_layouts/OSSSearchResults.aspx?
I would much more like to have a link to another custom list.
thanks for reply
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Hi,

your first problem will be (I hope) resolved by next release of the TagField, that is necessary to resolve similar problem of muenuer.

For the exception of Tag Cloud: are you sure that you have set the right properties of web part? I believe that the exception you have posted is not complete because missed the error message.

Waiting for reply.

Bye
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 2:44 PM
Hi,

you're right.
Actually in edit-new-disp form.aspx, cause my wrong line of code, it is not possible to change the result page.
In "allitems.aspx" it is already possible by changing the next line of code

"<HTML><![CDATA[/_layouts/OSSSearchResults.aspx?k=]]></HTML>"

in the "fldtypes_Tag.xml" that is in your xml sharepoint (field definition) directory (tipically in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\template\xml").

Do not forget an iisreset!

PS: Sorry for my English ;)

Bye
Apr 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM
Thanks for the Reply.

About the tagcloud webpart configuration, I can set different parameters but, which of them can cause the error?
The configuration looks very simple, but i don´t know how to make it work.
I have set it by default and  the error message is "Cannot import Cloud Web Part." moreover the trace i wrote before.

Thanks for the answer.

Bye.
Jul 3, 2009 at 9:16 AM
Edited Jul 3, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hello,

I am getting the following error when add the Tag Cloud Web part to the site.

Stack trace for current level: at TagCloud.TagCloud.Cloud.GetResults(String listType, SearchScopes searchScope) at TagCloud.TagCloud.Cloud.AddTags(String listType, SearchScopes searchScope) at TagCloud.TagCloud.Cloud.BuildWebPart() File: Method: GetResults Line Number: 0 Column Number: 0 File: Method: AddTags Line Number: 0 Column Number: 0 File: Method: BuildWebPart Line Number: 0 Column Number: 0
Please advise.